Just enjoying the little things in life ....

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Comfort Foods ....
It's that time of year again ( and I'm lovin' it ) when the days are gettin' shorter and cooler.  The time of year when I use my Crock-Pot almost every day - no kidding :)  I am a huge fan of all things labeled soup, stew, etc.  and most any kind of bread especially if it's Homemade!!!  I think one of the biggest reasons I love this kind of cookin' is because I can start supper early in the day and when we finish with school, music, errands, etc.,  then supper is ready :) ....AND that's a great comfort!
Some of our favorites are:
  • Potato Soup
  • Taco Soup
  • Deer Chili
  • Vegetable Soup
  • Chicken Soup
 And of course we usually make cornbread to go with whichever soup we choose to make.
 So..... now you know what's on the stove, or rather in the crock-pot these days around here.  Tell me, what are some of your favorite "Comfort Foods" ?
Taco soup with Mamaw Huntley's cornbread....

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Lookds delish! CrockPot chicken is a favorite around here! We eat it over rice and it is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my crockpot too! It's such a handy tool for most any day but especially on busy days.

    We love potato soup too! Tonight I made (but not in my crockpot) Turkey Soup. I love turkey and decided that I would bake one up a few weeks ago, then freeze the meat in baggies for meals. So now when I want turkey sandwiches for lunch, I just pull out a baggie. It makes meals really easy!

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete