Just enjoying the little things in life ....

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

{ Thanksgiving }
One of my favorite holidays of the year....a holiday that takes me way back to when I was just a little girl.   I can remember my mother and grandmother baking and preparing a little at a time several days in advance, so we could all be together on Thanksgiving Day without anybody spending the day in the kitchen.  It was a time when our whole extended family would get together....we knew we could count on lots of cousins (some of them we hadn't seen all year) to play with.  It was so wonderful to get out and rake big piles of leaves ( and of course jump in them ) and to have our first real break from school....the long weekend when we had time for a sleepover or two.  I am so thankful for all the memories I have of growing up with so much love in our family.  Although my grandparents have gone on now, I am so blessed to still have my parents, siblings, lots of friends, and of course my own family, too!!!  How does a girl get so lucky?   Now, as I go about each day trying to raise my children and teach them about what really matters in life,  I hope they will be able to look back and have lots of good memories, especially of the holidays!!!  Wishing each and every one of you a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!!! .....  and "thank you" for taking the time to visit us here on the blog :)

1 comment:

  1. What sweet memories of growing up and the holidays. Love your new picture up top.

    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete