Just enjoying the little things in life ....

Thursday, November 29, 2012

What's in the oven.....

County Fair Cake

3/4 C butter, soft
2 1/4 C. sugar ( that's why it's so good )
4 eggs
2 1/4 C. plain flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 C. sour cream ( I like to make it an overflowing 3/4 C )
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
1/2 tsp. lemon flavoring (optional)

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time.  Add sour cream and  flour.  Mix until just blended well. Add flavorings.
Pour batter into a greased and sugared (granulated sugar) bundt pan.  Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

ENJOY!!!

Note:  I just use a regular pound cake pan.   This is hands down the best variation of a pound cake I've ever made.  It's so easy and my family loves it. 
Let me know what you think if you get a chance to try it !

No comments:

Post a Comment